PROFILE Highly qualified professional offers over 30+ years of comprehensive experience in the Construction Industry with a proven track record of success in the areas of:
Project Management ♦ Project Control / Cost & Scheduling
Career encompasses involvement in various industries, including:
- Airport Construction 2 years
- Theme Parks Construction 5 years
- Petrochemical / Grass Root Plant Construction 3 years
- Commercial Construction 20+ years
- Environmental - Waste Water Plant/Pipelines 3.5 years
- Nuclear - U/G Tritium Facility 1.5 years
- Fossil Fuel/Power Plant - Plant Shutdowns 2 years
- Prior to college - Obtained hands-on experience as a Plumber's Helper, Steelbuilding Erector (Butler and Star-type buildings) and as a Rodbuster with a concrete company for over 10 years.
Cost and Scheduling Experience & Duties include:
• Project control experience with Primavera P3 and P6. Importation of Microsoft Project schedules into Primavera schedules. Army Corp of Engineers SDEF (Standard Data Exchange Format).
• Assist Marketing, Estimating, and Project team leaders in the development of Proposal and Bid schedules.
• Function as a team leader throughout the plan and schedule development process, including the Design, Submittal, Procurement and comprehensive Construction Schedule.
• Develop and implement the WBS, work item lists and their logic including major project milestones and constraints between work items to determine the project Master Schedule.
• Implement cost and manpower resource loading development.
• Perform daily and weekly progress field walks to verify subcontractors are working on critical path construction activities and maintaining all other contractual baseline work.
• Develop customized field reports designed to facilitate field progress reporting.
• Prepare 2-week look-ahead with customized column information for superintendents or assistant superintendents, responsible for determining their specific areas of field progress.
• Conduct P3 and P6 in-house training for all superintendents and project managers.
• Manage issues related to change of scope and documenting any specific deviation or series of deviations from the baseline schedule.
• Creation of Fragnets to represent any work slippages and time impact delays for future claim determinations on a month to month basis or at contracted updating periods.
• Physically input progress (start and finish dates, percent completions and remaining durations) on a monthly basis.
• Calculate Earned Value progress.
• Compare updated progress schedule to baseline schedule for time-scaled logic problems which may cause total float changes and project slippage.
• Review and analyze the results of status input and changes due to scope related changes and additions issued during the reporting period.
• Prepare tabular schedule reports outlining early and late dates and total float; cost and manpower histograms and s-curves.
• Provide an executive analysis and monthly narrative outlining the project performance vs. the baseline
• Attend and support daily subcontractor meetings.
• Conduct weekly scheduling meetings with all project subcontractors and vendors for project compliance.
• Performed forensic scheduling methodology; development of as-built schedules; investigated change order process to establish and evaluate the cause and effect by analyzing lost productivity, project delays, acceleration, labor and or material escalation and deviations or series of deviations from the baseline to the actual work.
THOMAS J. SMITH Page 2
KMI Internationl, Orlando,Fl 2018 -2019
Senior Project Controls Manger – CPM Scheduling Consultant
• Created Proposal schedules for bidding purposes
• Created schedules for claim purposes
• Created Baseline for the Marriot Vacation Resort in the U.S. Virgin Islands
• Created multiple Power Points for teaching purposes.. Scheduling and Claims. Primavera P6 18.0
HSE CONSTRUCTORS INC., Orlando, FL 07/2016 – 02/2017
Senior Project Controls Manger – CPM Scheduling Consultant – expired
• Created a baseline CPM Schedule utilizing P6.
• This contract was primarily Infrastructure work consisting of all Demo, Mech, Elect and structures related to new and existing parking lots, new Toll Booth structure,Bus loop realignment and modifications to the existing Bus Loop configuration.
• Major surge work and land utilization to incorporate new employee parking area, maintaining current parking capacity while building new and renovating existing Guest parking areas.
• This included all demo of existing utilities including stormwater, electrical and mechanical.
• Utililizing 60% drawings I created a 1000 activity baseline CPM schedule which detailed all Design, Procurement, Permitting and Construction activities within the scope of the Subcontractors contract.
COST MANAGEMENT INC. (CMI), Orlando, FL 09/2014 – 12/2015
Master Scheduler – MBE Contract Consultant work - expired
• Created an integrated Master Schedule that incorporated multiple Construction Manager (CM) team schedules for the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority (GOAA) on the $1.9B South APM complex.
• Built the entire Master Program for this 3-year project using the 8.3.2 version of Primavera P6.
• Coordinated interproject relationships between the CM’s common work.
• Developed and maintained all project milestones and contractual obligations of the CM teams.
• Oversaw the development of the Hensel Phelps and Turner-Keiwit Joint Venture (JV) schedules. This included an Intermodal Transfer Facility (ITF), a 6-story, 2,400-space Parking Garage, the APM, and a PDL(Porte-Cochere).
• Also created a Master Schedule for the North Terminal for various renovation and new construction projects.
TURNER CONSTRUCTION COMPANY, Orlando, FL 03/2013 – 02/2014
Senior Project Scheduler
Four Season Hotel / Convention Center – Disney property – 3 /2013 thru 2/2014
• Initially responsible for managing scheduling activities for a $300M Four Seasons/Convention Center project.
• Converted an existing Primavera P3 schedule to a P6 schedule utilizing a WBS format.
• Collected data and analyzed project information to support project schedules.
• Provided ongoing management of CPM project schedules, including baseline analysis and acceptance.
• Responsible for change orders and the analysis of delay claims or time extensions.
• Performed a compr...
Login or Register to view the full resume.