Reports to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. The ED will initially develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations, and business plan.
Leadership & Management:
• Ensure ongoing local program excellence, program evaluation, and oversee finance & administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines & resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
• Actively engage & energize volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, & funders
• Develop, maintain, & support a strong Board; serve as ex-officio of committees; seek & build board involvement with strategic direction for ongoing operations
• Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, evaluate program so as to measure & communicate results to the board, funders, & other constituents
Fundraising & ...
CGR invites applications for Chief Financial Officer. The CFO is responsible for internal control structure, maintenance of general ledger, annual budget preparation and presentation, annual audit, maintenance of banking and investment advisor relationships, investment accounting and reporting (to Board of Trustees), placement of all risk management and insurance policies and practices. The CFO also upholds solid project management processes, the maintenance of an efficient operating environment and the creation, administration and evaluation of policies and procedures related to CGR’s operations and protection of CGR’s best interests.
Additional responsibilities include administration of the three CGR retirement plans including annual financial reporting, compliance, and fee disclosures; and maintenance of accounting system database as well as database of information related to human resources/benefits administration. The CFO interacts regularly with CGR’s Board of Trustees, ...
Town of North Hempstead seeks a Superintendent of Highways.
The Superintendent of Highways is responsible for maintenance and construction of Town roads. He or she is responsible for ensuring that all operations are carried out efficiently and safely. The Superintendent‘s duties include all aspects of road integrity including pot hole repair, snow removal, clean-up after major storms, maintenance of existing and placement of new traffic and parking signs, road drainage and catch basin maintenance/repair, maintenance, removal and replacement of trees and vegetation adjacent to roads. The Superintendent is also responsible for acquisition and maintenance of all equipment necessary for these duties.
The Superintendent manages a full time staff of over 100 people at five locations, including two maintenance garages, one sign shop, and an administrative office. The Superintendent fulfills a position whose duties are mandated by State and Town law such as determining whether roads ...
The Administrator for Instructional Support Services will be responsible for working with districts as part of the Managed Technology Service.
• Facilitate priority setting and decision making for meaningful and effective uses of technology in support of the district's strategic goals
• Develop/Update a shared vision with long-term, big picture perspectives on district goals to plan for meaningful and effective uses of technology as a member of the Superintendent's cabinet (e.g., district senior management)
• Establish and lead advisory committees that inform and support meaningful and effective uses of technology
• Plan and coordinate ongoing, purposeful professional learning for all staff using technology
• Manage the establishment and maintenance of systems and tools for gathering, mining, integrating and reporting data in usable and meaningful ways to produce an information culture .in which data management is critical to strategic planning
• Manage the ...
Review bids and contract agreements and recommend changes to minimize and protect the company's liability assumed by contract. This function is particularly vital during acquisitions, divestitures and lease renewals.
• Develop, manage and direct a program concerned with identifying, analyzing and evaluating risks and exposures which could result in substantial losses to the company and take appropriate action to control and minimize the loss potential. Supervise and evaluate physical inspections of company-owned property by risk.
• Develop and monitor a system of equitable allocation of premiums, claim costs, and manage the internal claims management system related cost to subsidiary operations
Required education, experience, and skills
• Bachelor's degree in a related field.
• 10 years of risk management experience in a progressive capacity, including prior management of an enterprise risk program.
• Good analytical skills, excellent communication skills, ability ...
Position: Assistant Business Administrator
Must possess a valid NYSED SBA, SDBL, SDA, or SDL certification
Candidates should possess a Very Strong Financial / Accounting background
Assist the Assistant Superintendent for Business in all aspects of School Business Administration and should have experience in the following areas:
• Grant Administration
• Budget preparation
• STAC Administration
• Report preparation
Salary: Competitive Salary Commensurate with Experience
The Roosevelt UFSD is an equal opportunity employer. The Roosevelt UFSD does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, creed, national origin or disability, in its employment, admissions practices, vocational educational opportunities or access to and treatment in programs or activities, in accordance with Title IX, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title VII and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for assisting the onsite Controller with financial and reporting functions for the unit including accounting, payroll, annual plan, audit assistance and cash management. In conjunction with the Controller & Corporate Accounting Department, provide unit management with financial analysis of the operation.
Specific duties include:
Assists in the management of day-to-day operations of the accounting department, including supervision of accounting and cash room personnel; preparation, review and approval of: Daily Sales Report, accounts receivable, payroll, and accounts payable. Ensures paperwork gets processed accurately, timely, with correct numbers. Also responsible for analyzing and reporting variances, monthly financial projections, month-end accounting duties, oversees audit requirements and cash management.
Prepare reports which outline unit's financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings; provide proper ...
Delaware North is transforming how we identify, attract, and hire talent globally. To support this strategic transformation, we are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Director for our newly formed Executive Recruitment team. As the Director of this team you will be responsible for leading a team in the identification, attraction, assessment, and hiring of executive talent for Delaware North. Having the passion and creativity to select, test, and implement new ways to attract talent is critical.
At Delaware North, our people are the biggest factor in our success and a key driver of our growth; this role has unique opportunity to help drive this growth through exceptional programs and strategy. You will be shaping the executive talent strategy for a $3 billion company experiencing rapid and dynamic growth across all segments of our business.
• Establish the Delaware North Executive recruitment model, inclusive of process, communication plans, ...
The Sr. Accounting Manager for Financial Reporting provides oversight and accountability of the monthly accounting close process, annual consolidated financial audits, financial statement audits conducted in accordance with IFRS or other international accounting standards and other accounting functions for Delaware North and each of its subsidiaries. The role also manages and mitigates company risks by implementing appropriate controls and processes to successfully perform the aforementioned procedures. The role manages corporate financial reporting functions including the monthly executive reporting package and annual audited financial statement issuance ensuring compliance with US GAAP and lender covenant requirements.
• Govern and manage Delaware North's chart of accounts in accordance with reporting requirements and business needs
• Functional management of Delaware North's PeopleSoft-Financials Real Estate Management (REM) as related to leasing. ...
The Port Chester-Rye Union Free School District located in Westchester County is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Superintendent for Business. The district serves approximately 4700 students in grades K – 12 at six schools. The 2019-2020 school budget approved by the taxpayers totals $103,751,836 and is supplemented by nearly $6.5 million in Pre-kindergarten, Title, IDEA and other grants. On March 28, 2017, the community approved a $79.95M building project to accommodate growing enrollment and enhance district facilities. The position is a confidential and exempt position, requires a 12 month work year, and reports directly to the Superintendent of Schools/Designee.
NYS SDBL certification or equivalent permanent certification as SBA or SDA issued by NYS
History of success in the principles and practices related to:
Financial accounting and reporting procedures consistent with statute, code and GAAP requirements and Municipal ...
Accounting Manager candidates will be interested in this position, if they have a knack for establishing and regulating an organization's accounting and finance procedures. Candidates who want to feel appreciated in their day-to-day work and be rewarded for their efforts will be interested in this position. Candidates who can take charge of daily operations, such as preparing and/or reviewing appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger system, preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, assisting with regulatory reporting as applicable, and related duties, will be preferred for this Accounting Manager position with a burgeoning, innovative company. This Accounting Manager position is a terrific opportunity for full-time employment that is located in the North Tonawanda, New York area. Apply today with Robert Half Finance!
• Lead and supervise the accounting team performance during the closing process to ...
This is an administrative position located at Monroe County Department of Human Services, Office of Mental Health. Duties include planning, supervising and evaluating the provision of mental services for individuals with mental disorders, developmental disabilities and substance use disorders. The employee reports directly to, and works under the general supervision of the Commissioner of Human Services or other higher-level staff member. General supervision is exercised over a Mental Hygiene Program Analyst and other subordinate staff. Does related work as required.
Candidates for the Office of Mental Health Director (considered to be the Director of Community Service under New York State Mental Hygiene Law) must have obtained their degree or degrees from a regionally accredited college or university, as recognized by the New York State Education Department AND the candidate shall meet the following criteria:
(A) A physician licensed to practice ...
This critical position within revenue management will provide strategic leadership by overseeing the development, implementation and support of revenue management programs across all of operations. Your performance will also be evaluated on these areas:
• Leads and supports revenue management data analytics to advance evidence-based decision making.
• Responsible for analyses and actionable insights to improve business performance as well as the analytics and data reporting capabilities across the enterprise related to revenue management activities.
• Drives the execution and adoption of revenue management reporting initiatives.
• Performs analysis to determine the impact of business model changes, identify opportunities to improve client service and/or efficiency and to understand shifts in trends.
• Supports new business due diligence and understanding impact of new business on revenue management performance.
• Demonstrates value and actions on the return of ...
Supervises and trains subordinate staff; Plans, assigns and reviews the maintaining and checking of a wide variety of financial records and reports and instructs employees in the specialized details of this work; Assists in the preparation of annual operating budgets and insures the maintenance of necessary financial controls; Responds to a variety of correspondence regarding fiscal matters of the department; Represents the School Business Executive in dealings with representatives of other local departments and State and Federal agencies on specific problems within the scope of responsibility; Develops clerical procedures to comply with regulations of the relevant state department; Participates in the formulation of fiscal and accounting aspects of agency policy; May perform difficult or unusual accounting procedures.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
2-4 years (minimum) full-time, paid experience in ...
The Town of North Hempstead is seeking a skilled and enthusiastic parks and recreation professional with strong management and communications skills to serve as Commissioner of the Department of Parks and Recreation. The Department consists of more than 1,000 acres of both active and passive facilities, including two beaches, five outdoor pools, an indoor aquatics center, a privately managed golf complex with an 18 hole championship and 9 hole executive course, three community centers, including a state of the art LEED certified building, and more than two dozen natural and artificial playing fields.
The Commissioner oversees a staff with approximately 80 fulltime employees and over 300 part time and seasonal employees, and a combined operating budget of approximately $17.3 million.
Under the direction of the Town Supervisor and six Town Council members, the Commissioner supervises the day to day operations of the parks system, including a diverse array of recreational ...
Upon hire, the Human Resource Directors title will be updated to read: Employee Engagement & Compensation Director.
The Employee Engagement & Compensation Director is a key member of the LASROC team. This individual will serve as a strategic and trusted advisor to the LASROC’s Management Team and will be responsible for payroll, benefits, employee communication, recruitment, and compliance with State and Federal laws and organizational policy/procedures. Together with LASROC’s Management Team, this individual will be a fierce advocate for the LASROC team members by creating a compassionate and accessible environment and foster a culture of collaboration, resiliency, hard work, and a passion for excellence.
• Demonstrated interest and experience in human resources and recruiting in a dynamic and fast-paced non-profit environment
• High level of respect and understanding of LASROC history and who will succeed within our system
• Self-driven, flexible ...
This is a supervisory position involving responsibility for the proper cleaning of a building or facility. This position differs from the lower level Senior Building Service Worker by virtue of performing the following: assisting with the development of employee training programs, completing written reports, less hands-on work, and acting in a supervisory capacity. Employees may be required to work evenings and weekends. The employee reports directly to and works under the general supervision of a senior staff member. Direct supervision is exercised over Senior Building Service Workers and Building Service Workers. Does related work as required.
Completion of the eighth (8th) grade plus two (2) years of paid full‑time or its part‑time equivalent experience in building cleaning or other related field.
Download/View Full Announcement
For a full job description, click here:
Download/View Full Announcement
Looking to work with a thriving company? Robert Half Finance is seeking a talented Accounting Manager to work with a successful organization that will recognize your efforts. You might be a good fit for this position if you can lead daily operations, such as preparing and/or reviewing appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger system, preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, and assisting with regulatory reporting as applicable. This role's duties will require the ability to create and monitor the company's accounting and finance operations. This Accounting Manager position is a terrific opportunity for full-time employment that is located in the Lockport, New York area.
What you get to do every day
• Assemble a variety of technical accounting policies, procedures, and analyses
• Team up with FP&A and accounting management to develop relevant, timely reports on financial data analytics like the monthly flash report, key ...
Town of North Hempstead seeks an Executive Director of the “Yes We Can” Community Center.
The Executive Director is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Town of North Hempstead Parks and Recreation Department’s “Yes We Can” Community Center (the “community center”), located in New Cassel, NY.
This position would require leadership in staff supervision and development, fiscal management, growth and expansion of community center through membership and program administration, oversight of facility and equipment management and community relations with a specific emphasis in building and strengthening relationships in the community.
The community center is a state-of-the-art, 60,000 sq. ft. facility which features two NBA-sized basketball courts, a fitness center, dance and television studios, an internet café, community meeting rooms and much more. The amenities provided include basketball and dance programs, summer camps, after-school programs, ...
Adheres to key management and performance indicators/drivers. 5 years of experience in automobile industry distribution management preferred.