The Town of North Hempstead, a municipality with 222,000 residents, located on the north shore of Long Island in Nassau County, is seeking a Chief Deputy/Deputy Comptroller. The Chief Deputy/Deputy Comptroller oversees the day-to-day operations of the Comptroller’s Office, including staff management, an array of financial transactions, and long-term financial management and reporting.
Key functions include:
• Preparation and filing of the Town’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR);
• Preparation and filing of annual financial reports with the Office of the NYS Comptroller and other governmental agencies;
• Oversight of specific aspects in the budget process
• Oversight of required annual audits, including coordination of work with retained audit personnel;
• Accounting and control of the Town’s capital accounts, capital assets, and associated records;
• Oversight of cash management for the Town and 19 Town-operated special districts;
• Oversight ...
The Mount Vernon City School District is seeking an Administrator for the Extended School Year Program (School Age). Successful candidates must have NYS SBL or SDL Certification for the applicable position. Please complete and submit an online application, résumé, and certification(s). No phone calls or e-mails please.
The Extended School Year (ESY) Program services students' ages 5 through 21 in order to prevent substantial regression in the academic and social skills gained throughout the regular school year. The program operates for thirty (30) days, 5 days per week, for six (6) hours per day. Services are provided as mandated on their IEP. Candidates interested in these vacancies must have valid NYS Certification/Licensure for the applicable position.
The Mount Vernon City School District is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing a work environment which is free from discrimination. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, ...
The Director of Technology position at Yorktown Central School District is a cabinet-level position reporting directly to the Superintendent of Schools.
• technology planning process
• providing oversight on technology procurement
• infrastructure maintenance
• technology budget development
• exploring and introducing new technology to the District
• providing professional development for the integration of technology into instruction
• supporting the educational mission of the District
• broad technological expertise
• a strong track record of technology integration and staff development
• excellent communication and collaboration skills
• experience as a Director of Technology is preferred
Role: To coordinate the language arts ELA social studies curriculum curricula and instructional programs, K-12.
Candidate must possess strong pedagogical understanding of Teacher's College Reader's and Writer's Workshop (K-8) and NYSED S.S. Framework.
1. Assure compliance with State and Federal laws pertaining to education, Commissioner's regulations, Board of Education policies, regulations of the Superintendent and requirements of the negotiated contracts with school personnel
2. Guide development, implementation, and evaluation of elementary and middle secondary level language arts ELA and social studies curriculum curricula and instructional programs, K-12.
3. Encourage the development, publication, and use of beneficial language arts instructional materials by the professional staff
4. Coordinate and edit language arts curriculum ELA and social studies curricula guides and materials prepared by and to be distributed among the ...
The City School District of new Rochelle seeks applications for an Assistant Director of Special Education. The Assistant Director of Special Education will be responsible for providing leadership and overseeing all components of educational programs and services for students with disabilities. Ensuring full compliance with all Federal and State laws and regulations. Chair CSE and Manifestation meetings, supervise and evaluate staff, coordinate professional development and facilitate regular department meetings, supervise a portion of the Extended School Year program, Communicate regularly with parents and SEPTA. Assist in the preparation of department documentation including budget, grants, and BOE reports. This individual will work collaboratively with Director and building administrators, faculty, staff, parents and community members to ensure the effective delivery of programs and services. This is a full-time 12-month position
Job Qualifications Include
• At least three ...
The City School District of New Rochelle seeks application for Elementary School Assistant Principal positions. General responsibilities of the position include assisting the Principal in leadership, coordination, supervision and management of the school program and operations. The Assistant Principal, under the direction of the building Principal, implements and enforces school board policies, administrative rules and regulations. In the absence of the building Principal, the Assistant Principal shall assume the duties and responsibilities of the building Principal.
Administrative/Leadership experience is required.
Essential tasks of the Assistant Principal include but are not limited to the following:
• Assist the Principal in developing and maintaining an effective educational program consistent with State and Federal guidelines and the philosophy, policies and goals of the School Board; meeting and conferring with students, parents, faculty and staff; maintaining records ...
The North Rockland (Haverstraw-Stony Point) Central School District is seeking a dynamic, talented, and experienced leader to serve as the Director of Special Services. The Director of Special Services will be responsible for providing leadership and overseeing all components of District and outside educational programs and services for students with disabilities, ensuring full compliance with all Federal and State laws and regulations. This individual will work collaboratively with District and building administrators, faculty, staff, parents and community members to ensure the effective delivery of programs and services. The Director of Special Services is a full-time, 12-month position at the District level.
Job Qualifications Include:
• At least three years of successful professional experience as a special education teacher or school psychologist
• At least three years of experience as a building or District administrator, including experience with special education ...
The Putnam Valley Central School District seeks an innovative and inspiring administrator to lead the district in curriculum and instruction development, the application of technology to learning, as well as building positive, and productive professional relationships with faculty, staff, students and parents.
Candidates should possess the following: New York State Building and District Leader Certification; experience in K-12 curriculum development; exceptional leadership and communication skills to facilitate multi-level collaboration; strong experience as a teacher and building level leader; evidence of energy, enthusiasm and a high degree of visibility.
Duties are assigned by the Superintendent of Schools and include, but are not limited to: diverse leadership roles and responsibilities; testing coordination; supervision of faculty and staff; recruitment of professional staff; and acting in partnership with administration in all dimensions of leadership in order to move ...
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Dodge YMCA is seeking an experienced individual who will be responsible for the successful operation of all programs for children, teens and families. The Youth & Family Director will be responsible for the oversight of all Dodge YMCA Youth and Family Programming. This role involves managing off-site programs (Y Afterschool’s at PS 8, 11, 38 and 307), as well as providing leadership for an array of program initiatives from family gym time, enrichment programs, teen programs to summer day camp.
• Oversee all Youth, Teen and Family Programs at the ...
This is an administrative position, located at Monroe Community Hospital, responsible for assisting the Hospital Finance Administrator manage the financial operations for the facility. Duties involve ensuring the efficient operations of the Hospital's business office, assisting the Hospital Finance Administrator with budget preparation and control, grant funding and analysis of programs and systems. The employee acts for, and in place of, the Hospital Finance Administrator during absences. General supervision is exercised over a professional accounting staff. The employee reports directly to, and works under the general supervision of, the Hospital Finance Administrator or other higher level staff member. Does related work as required.
Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma PLUS either:
(A) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Master's degree in Accounting, Finance,...
Rockland BOCES has an anticipated opening for an Assistant Principal (1.0 FTE) in our Student Services division. NYS SDA, SAS or SBL certification is required in addition to Special Education certification.
Qualifications are as follows:
• Expertise working with students with special needs
• At least five years of successful teaching or professional experience
• Ability to engage and work collaboratively with staff, parents, community members and other stakeholders
• Strong management, organizational and problem-solving skills
• Capacity to promote a safe and supportive school environment that fosters the social and academic development of students
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
• Expertise in curriculum development, supervision and evaluation of staff
Bilingual and/or minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
Leads all International consumer research projects incorporating project management principles with clear project objectives, roles and responsibilities, timing...
2 years management experience preferred. Responsible for the general supervision of the Nursing Department and assumes administrative responsibilities for the...
Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Manages sales activities of organization by performing...
Union environment management experience. Requires operations management experience with purchasing knowledge....
On a frequent basis will interface with Corporate Training and Ops Services, District Managers, Restaurant Management and HR....
Site Managers are the representatives of Guckenheimer. Collaboration with and Management of a Culinary Team....
You report to the District manager. Help the District manager in the market. As a Restaurant Manager, you will have a minimum of 3 years experience directly...
Proven project management experience. Working closely with the Director of Training to improve training plans....
Implements weekly management schedules. Works with Management Team to promote restaurant growth. Integrity and personally dedicated to honesty and transparency...