Private residential high school in Upper Nyack, NY is seeking an administrative assistant for the guidance department.
This position entails providing office and clerical support. General clerical duties include but are not limited to data entry, photocopying, filing, scanning, organizing information and using technology.
Essential functions of the job also include the ability to react to change productively and handle assigned tasks.
Applicants must be:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Have previous experience working in an office and/or school setting
• Have earned at minimum an Associate's Degree
• Possess excellent basic computer skills
• Possess strong team work and communication skills.
• Reliable and efficient
Previous experience working with Special Education students as well as holding a NYS Teaching Assistant certificate is a plus.
ONC BOCES invites you to join our team of dedicated educators and professionals!
Position: Administrative Assistant – Full-time, 12-month, non-unit, competitive civil service position.
Location: Special Education Department at OAOC in Milford.
Responsibilities & Qualifications: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing various confidential administrative and office support to the Director of Special Education Services. Candidates must have the ability to handle administrative tasks independently and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Civil Service Job Description
Distinguishing Features of the Class
This is an important administrative position, the primary purpose of which is to free the time of the department head for planning and policy-making and for attention to duties requiring technical knowledge. Work is performed in accordance with policies and objectives outlined by the executive, permitting the employee wide ...
Accountemps is looking for a bookkeeper with strong social skills and a collaborative work style. If you combine dynamic communication skills with a positive attitude and a detail oriented demeanor, then you may thrive in this position. Contact us today.
Your responsibilities in this role:
• Develop a well-organized system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures
• Maintain accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions
• Balance accounts by reconciling entries
• Maintain and balance general ledger
• Maintain quality historical records by filing documents
• Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information
• Craft Accounts Receivable invoices, reviewing payments received and record deposits
• Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
• 1+ years related work experience as a bookkeeper
• Strong ...
The Town of North Hempstead is looking for an experienced staff person to contribute in the Supervisor’s Office. The Supervisor’s office at the Town of North Hempstead works together with other Departments to assure the prosperity of the Town of North Hempstead. The individual should be highly intelligent, motivated, energetic, and dedicated. They should be able to follow direction, practice discretion, and have an understanding of Microsoft Office (specifically outlook).
Qualified Candidates will have:
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an Executive/Administrative support role
• Bachelor’s degree
• Be extremely detail oriented
• Maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate ability to be flexible in a rapidly changing environment
• Be Resilient and resourceful - must be able to work effectively with the minimum of supervision
• Superior organization and time management skills
• Be Personable, articulate and professional in presentation
• Superior ...
Are you seeking a rewarding career as an Accounts Receivable Clerk? Then look no further! Accountemps has ongoing opportunities available for Accounts Receivable Clerks in Buffalo and the surrounding areas. These positions will verify and post account receivable transactions to journals, ledgers, and other records and will follow established procedures for processing receipts, cash etc. In addition, this position is also responsible for sorting and filing documents after posting and may prepare bank deposits.
Our clients need Accounts Receivable Clerks with 1+ years of experience. The ideal individual will have strong data entry skill, accuracy, and reliability. General working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is also desired.
Position: Account Clerk – Full-time, 12-month, unit competitive civil service position.
Location: Otsego Area Occupational Center in Milford, NY.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of Purchasing/Receiving for the CTE Department and will have custody of all student activity funds and shall:
• Disburse funds by check form when necessary paperwork is obtained.
• Return the completed check to the student activity treasurer who will send it to the vendor after posting.
• Retain receipts for all funds placed in custody, and shall deposit these funds promptly in a bank designated by the Board of Education.
• Keep an account listing of the receipts and disbursements of each individual activity account.
• Once each month, receive and verify bank statements and prepare a reconciliation of cash balances and club accounts and forward these to the faculty auditor.
Qualifications: Excellent computer skills; the ability to ...
Immediate full-time opportunity in our downtown Buffalo office for a polished Administrative Assistant to assist in many areas of the Firm.
Daily responsibilities may include report preparation using Word, Excel and PowerPoint, scanning, mail-room coverage, calendar maintenance, booking travel and appointments, reception/phone coverage, Firm scheduling assistance and other administrative support tasks as needed.
Must have minimum 5 years’ experience in a busy office with top-notch Microsoft Office skills, excellent keyboard skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple simultaneous responsibilities with sensitivity to deadlines. Must be professional in appearance and attitude; some overtime required during peak busy seasons. Self-starting team player with a positive attitude a must!
Paid vacation and holidays, full benefit package includes 401(k) with Firm match.
The Access to Justice Project is a partnership between LawNY ® and AmeriCorps, America’s most preeminent volunteer service program, which seeks to address the legal needs of the poor by expanding the level of legal assistance available and helping low-income clients to access the legal system in order to achieve economic benefits, decent housing, health care and other critical basic needs. In addition, members work to recruit and support community volunteers and enhance efforts at collaboration with local human services agencies.
AmeriCorps members provide intake and screening services for income-eligible persons seeking legal assistance with civil law problems and outreach to underserved populations. They are offered the opportunity for direct, substantive legal experience, excellent training and a chance to make a critical difference for low-income and vulnerable populations and their communities.
Members receive a living allowance of $715.42 semi-monthly for the ...
Plans, assigns and supervises the work of a small number of clerical workers engaged in typing, filing, stenography, account clerk work and other clerical…
At least 5-7 years of progressively more responsible executive assistant experience or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training…
Representing the executive to others. Represents the executive by attending meetings in the executive's absence; Placing and expediting orders for supplies;
Provides general office and clerical support to assigned area. As an associate with Ascension Mission Health Livonia you will have the opportunity to work in a…
High and accuracy in data entry. Minimum 5 years of strong executive administrative experience required. Enters and modifies data and maintains data integrity.
Requires high-level skills in the performance of administrative support and operational functions. Vision, Medical,Life Insurance, 401k, Dental.
Experience with data analytics and creating presentations. Diligent assistance and oversight of the Engineering and Flight Operations administrative team…
Seeking a Medical Office Receptionist for a podiatry practice in the Ashburn, VA area. The podiatry practice has multiple locations in Northern Virginia Fairfax…
The Production Clerk assists in processing incoming mail, sorts, codes and classifies records into our systems. Problem solving and critical thinking.
Must have at least 2 years of hands-on work experience as an Administrative Assistant. We are looking for an energetic, creative, and ambitious Scheduler…
Our forward-thinking organization is seeking a Receptionist to provide superior customer service. Ensuring that all visitors sign-in and, if needed, refusing…
Coordinates telephone communications services in community by performing the following duties. Other duties may be assigned. Page on-call physicians as needed.